1. Two truths and a lie about you, please
I love dogs
My favorite dish is lasagna
I love the surface
2. You said in one interview that you are shooting places that actually exist. Do you do a lot of post-production work?
That`s right. I`m not doing a lot of post-production, because I don`t have to. I`m searching for the “right” places, which are pretty new. I would not choose an old one for this work, because the place should appear like a product, which you find in the supermarket.
3. When you find a place you want to shoot, do you form a pretty clear image in your head how the photograph should look like?
I`m not forming clear image in my head. It’`s more about finding the places by walking around and looking for them in magazines, internet etc. And sometimes, I also get an idea of a space, which is still missing for completing the range of work. At the moment I`m thinking about a new airplane.
4. Tell us a defining moment in your career
This is hard to say, because the work developed very slow.A defining moment was for sure the invitation by Kathy Ryan from the NY Times for the NY Photo Festival. A few month later I had my first solo show at Hasted Hunt and the Metropolitan Museum invited me for a group show. That was wow.
5. Who should we interview next?
More works by Julian Faulhaber.